Best Day This Summer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best Day This Summer

Post by dubyahhh on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:48 pm

I woke up today thinking I'd have a pretty good day. We'd just about finished the floor we were on and only had the trimming left (that goes pretty fast, assuming everyone's actually working (I usually am)). So I figured we'd work for half a day, spend an hour moving everything down a floor, and take the rest of the day to basically scatter and not do any more work since today was the last day before the three day weekend and it's a pain to start something new when painting and have to clean it up a couple hours later.

Plus, our supervisor had promised to take us to Pizza Hut (and pay because he's great like that) for their lunch buffet. Now, I'm a fairly skinny guy but for some reason that goes out the window at a Pizza Hut; I think I just loved it when I was little and the love has only increased since. So the plan was work the half day, eat at my favorite restaurant, and then relax for a couple hours and go home.

I accomplished all of those things easily (since they were pretty easy) by trimming till ten (I start work at six with breaks at eight, ten, and lunch at noon) and moving stuff down a floor for an hour or so and then just stopping. It was pretty hard work for the Thursday before a three day weekend, to be honest. For a state job, anyway. I ate a dozen pieces of pizza (like I said, something weird happens to my stomach's ability to store food when at Pizza Hut) and read my book for the last two hours before going home.

But, I'd assumed it would have to end once I got home. My friend I golf with is in Texas at a big gaming convention and the friend I'd have hung out with after him is in North Carolina at a wedding so I chalked the weekend up as a relaxing one where I could just read my book all day and took a nap around 4:30 since I thought I'd figured my weekend out.

Woke up about 6:10 (I had a lot of pizza, I needed the nap! Razz ) and my best friend from college texted me while I was asleep and said his dad had gotten three free tickets (through his job) to go see Paul McCartney in concert at 8pm in Albany this Saturday! So I get to go see Paul McCartney this weekend! He just happened to be sort of close (it's a solid four hour drive, but I'll get to see him and stay at my friend's house so it'll be worth it) so I got extremely lucky!

My favorite band is The Beatles so seeing one of the two remaining members in concert is basically a dream come true! I thought I would share this, since it's the most exciting thing to happen to me in a disappointingly long time. Very Happy

I think if he sings Let It Be then I might die right there since I don't think I could find much that would be better than that. I'm really looking forward to this weekend, hope you guys have a fun fourth (if you're in America, don't drink too much; if you're not, have a wonderful day even though it's just a normal Friday for you!) love you guys! <33333

~Carl Sagan(Look him up)

dubyahhh
N00b

Location : Upstate New York (There's more to the state than NYC)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Day This Summer

Post by say892 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:49 am

Sounds like a perfect day! I'm a big fan of Pizza Hut myself (Pepperoni Lover's Large, I'll eat 5/8th's of it at once, save the rest for the next meal!), and an even bigger fan of Paul McCartney! Let it Be is a solid choice for a song, hope he signs it! The piano is beautiful in it!

Glad you had a great day. Very Happy And enjoy that concert! Happy Fourth!

say892
N00b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dubyahhh on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:05 am

Got to see Paul do every song I wanted plus about 30 more, saw an accepted wedding proposal during "When I'm Sixty Four" and saw the coolest fireworks display I've ever seen that was inside of a building! For being 72 that guy is still on the top of his game or close to it! He's so practiced though, all he had to do was point at the crowd and walk in a circle and everyone would cheer. I thought that was entertaining in itself! But I can die happy now knowing I got to see a Beatle perform all that! My ears might take a couple days to get back to normal though, the pyrotechnics during "Live and Let Die" were ungodly loud. And unexpected at first so I didn't have time to brace for them! Whatever, I give him a 10/10 because he was just flawless, especially considering he's as old as my Grandpa! Super impressive!

~Carl Sagan(Look him up)

dubyahhh
N00b

Location : Upstate New York (There's more to the state than NYC)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shycheers on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:54 pm

Sounds like a great life dub glad ur enjoying ur summer
Shycheers
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content