Just A Moment Of Your Time Please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just A Moment Of Your Time Please

Post by dubyahhh on Mon May 26, 2014 12:31 am

Really didn't know how to name this topic. Kind of hard to.

I've gotten news that a girl I graduated with (this would have been a year and eleven months and three days and eleven hours and nine minutes ago) has had her family called into the hospital because her liver has shut down and they don't think she'll make it much longer. She's been in the hospital for about two weeks now so I imagine they've done all that they can; I know they'd been waiting on a transplant but I'm pretty sure those take a long time to come through and I guess she can't wait any longer. I hate to ask for your thoughts and prayers, but I'd appreciate it if you could give her a moment of them.

Personally, I find it hard to imagine that someone I graduated with could die. Most of my grade isn't even twenty yet. I don't really have an outward emotional reaction for death (literally the most solid of straight faces), but inwardly it can tear me up a little. So I ask that you also maybe set a moment aside to offer up some thoughts/prayers for my town like I've been doing periodically the last few days.

I wouldn't bring this up, except for the fact that this wouldn't be the first death in my grade. My high school graduated 56 students in 2012 (including me). Last year we lost another girl who was hit by a train (entirely her fault (don't drink near train tracks kids), not the train engineer's, but not the point) so this would be the second out of 56 to die. It's tough for a small town when they lose a young person. Maybe some of you in small towns understand. I would think the impact would be lessened if, say, there had been 500 people in our grade. But there were a mere 56, and I guess I just wanted to ask for some extra help. I'd legitimately be deeply saddened if we lost another one of my classmates.

I don't know where I was going with this, I'm awful when it comes to anything related to death. Like I said, I have zero outward indication when something is bothering me. I think that what I type here is much more so what's going on in my head than what's going on with my appearance. And in my head I'd really like help praying for this girl. It's probably too late since they've called in the family, but I'll quote Legolas here and say "oft hope is born, when all is forlorn." This always makes me feel better. Hopefully it will be true this time. I guess I'll stop now, as I don't know how to continue this.

~Carl Sagan(Look him up)

dubyahhh
N00b

Location : Upstate New York (There's more to the state than NYC)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just A Moment Of Your Time Please

Post by say892 on Mon May 26, 2014 9:19 pm

That's rough, I will definitely be thinking of her. Three students in my class of 800 sadly didn't make it either to graduation, and it's really sad and it sticks with you. One especially hit home as I had gone to middle school with her, and now I just can't see her anymore.

I've never known how to respond to death either, but it's good to talk it out with others. Smile

say892
N00b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ryugecin on Mon May 26, 2014 9:44 pm

My condolences.

I'm sending a PM to your inbox... look for it in about an hour.

2014-03-02 16:44:40

ryugecin
Amber
Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dubyahhh on Tue May 27, 2014 10:28 pm

I was told by my ex (who was friends (apparently anyway, I'd never known it) with this girl) that she passed away sometime this morning. Thanks for your thoughts guys, they're appreciated at least by me. I'm sure her family would appreciate them too. And I guess the other fifty three remaining students I graduated with besides myself who are still alive. It's strange to think that two of us could be gone already out of such a small class... We didn't have many to start with.

It's really upsetting to think that she's just gone... I had to stop painting for a while because I just couldn't keep going once I found out. I was surprisingly choked up. I feel better now, I think she'd been suffering for quite a while and this was probably for the best. I had all day to think about this since I literally work in a room all alone and say maybe 10 or 20 words to the guys I work with in those eight hours. I think it'll be alright. Just going to take some time for my town to get over it since it really was too soon for her to go.

This post was to say thank you; I feel I've gotten off topic. Thanks again for your post, Ryan; and PM, ryu. And for anyone who read this but didn't say anything, that's alright too. I personally would probably have avoided commenting on this thread if I hadn't written it as I wouldn't have known what to say. It helps that I can ask you guys for support as I really don't have anyone irl (I like this abbreviation, so I'll use it in spite of my tendency to write complete words and sentences) to do so with. Love you guys! There isn't a hug emoticon or anything like that so you can all have this flower instead: flower ^^

~Carl Sagan(Look him up)

dubyahhh
N00b

Location : Upstate New York (There's more to the state than NYC)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shycheers on Wed May 28, 2014 11:14 pm

Sorry 2 hear she passed but I'm sure she is in a better place even tho she had 2 leave so early in her young life I'm sure she brought joy 2 the ppl she knew while here an the good memories r what count the most... Never 4 get the happiness that's brought even if it's a short life... Stay strong dub u have a lotta compassion don't lose that hugs 
Shycheers
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top