Ryan's Slightly Less Epic Re-Intro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ryan's Slightly Less Epic Re-Intro

Post by say892 on Fri May 23, 2014 2:47 am

Hey everyone.

Well, I'm going to be honest straight up, this is going to be nowhere near the epicness of Dub's re-intro. So... Don't expect too much. :)Ok! Now we can begin!

Well, to begin, I haven't been on this site for... Wow, almost two months. Alright, I didn't realize it was that long ago, and for that I do apologize. I have missed this site a lot though, and everyone on it.

So Where Have You Been Ryan?

A lot has happened in those two months. I finished up my first year at college, started working on a video game as a programmer, met a great girl who is very special to me, moved back home for the summer, and have applied to 5 different places (1 no, 4 unheard so far...).

So, now let's formally begin the introduction:

Hi! My name is Ryan! For those that don't know, I'm kind of the Clan Leader here. I'm 19 (I turn 20 mid-late June, gosh I feel old), and as said, I finished my first year of college at Iowa State University (in the state of Iowa!) while studying Software Engineering. For those that don't know what Software Engineering is, it basically means I code a lot. I'm very big into video games, computers, and I guess just the new technology of the day.

That video game I mentioned isn't just some side little project that some of my friends are doing for a month, no we're planning on making this a full two year or so development process, with the dream of putting this on Steam on day. For those that are interested, while we don't have that much to show for it now, we have our own website: http://www.ajinin.com/ which shows different things like the story, bosses, about us (and me!) and a blog section where me and my other colleagues post from time to time. Not to plug it, but it would help me a ton if you guys checked it out and shared it with friends. Smile

If you're looking for the detailed history of how I became Clan Leader, Dub's re-intro is the place for it. (Seriously, go read his if you haven't! It's crazy awesome!) Long story short, I joined the clan early, made a lot of friends quick, became the "cheif" guide writer, the Admin team liked me, I became Sapphire, then one day (ooh actually, it'll be my anniversary soon, I think it happened sometime early June, I'll have to check) I became Admin! Well, Admin is good and all, but I was a... higher up? Admin, as I helped Sadaar do some techy stuff behind the scenes on the site, thus the title "Assistant Developer" was mine to hold. Then one day I woke up as Clan Leader. Pretty much it!

I'm sooooo happy though for all of the different people that helped me get to where I am now. Sadaar taught me a lot and the experience is great! Also all the different people I've met through all the years have been awesome as well. So... Thank you to everyone! It's almost 1AM (college sleep schedule! Woo Woo!) And I know I'll forget some people if I try to list EVERYONE! So a generic Thanks to All! Will have to do for now.

Part of this Re-Intro is an apology, as I have been away for so long. The site was under construction, and we were doing things like restoring ranks, trying to find new games, etc. and I left at a crucial point. I am very sorry for that. I'll be spending a majority of my time tomorrow catching up on restoring ranks and such, and I'll be in chat as well if any of you are up for a talk. Smile

*If there is anything sitewise that you want to talk to me about, talk to me tomorrow or bring it up somewhere else. This thread is strictly for intro stuff. Wink*

Let's have a TTNB New Beginning! Very Happy  (Cheesy, I know, like I said, it's 1AM).

say892
N00b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ryan's Slightly Less Epic Re-Intro

Post by dubyahhh on Fri May 23, 2014 8:02 pm

For starters, there's not need to base your re-intro's title off of the existence of a re-intro released slightly prior that's ungodly long. Razz Although I honestly appreciate the reference! ^^

Two months? Meh, I've abandoned my post a lot longer. I don't even think I came online more than five times in the summer of 2012. College keeps you busy, and as for me, I forgive you. I do hope to see you around now though because I really missed you here!

You're "kind of" the clan leader. Yes Ryan, very nicely worded. Razz  You say you've met a girl? That's fantastic! I'm very happy for you. Smile Hope she's smart, it really helps when they're smart. But I'm sure you've made a good choice. Not as good as hers, she got one of the best ones out there! ^^ The job is nice too, of course. I'd offer you a job painting but I doubt you'd want to commute that far just to paint. Plus we're kinda full now anyway so...

As soon as I get my wifi back on track I think I'll hop over to that site... If you get it on Steam I'll buy it as soon as I know it's there. Just let me know okay? If you're really nice to me I'll try and get my friends to buy it too (I'll do this anyway, just messing with you).

To be fair, I skipped a lot about your personal journey through the ranks and only focused on how I perceived it. To me you rank hopped like crazy and were all of a sudden my superior. Not quite overnight, but that's what it feels like happened. We basically MADE sapphire for you, I'm sure you would have your side to add to what I wrote. But the gist of it is there in my thread, I suppose. "higher up? Admin" is a good choice of words; you did have a lot of extra powers.

I don't know how much you learned from Sadaar since I know very little about coding. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much has what he taught you helped you in class or with your game or with whatever? I just wonder sometimes. I'd think it would have been a really lucky opportunity for a software engineer to meet him and be taught whatever he taught you. Just curious.

I'll take your generic thank you for now, but someday I want a paragraph of my very own. Wink I've given you at least three already. Plus you've even given yourself one! You congratulated yourself on becoming the clan leader xD

All I can say about college sleep schedules is get used to it. In our writing class this semester the professor asked who was tired  from a lack of sleep when we were getting close to finals week and I swear, every freshman raised their hand and no one else. Craziness. You've just gotta get used to staying up till 2. But you're probably fine. Just don't ever complain about it, because people do that and it's a pain to listen to. :/ this paragraph is me complaining a little about freshmen, sorry about it. I don't really want to erase it now that it's written so... Oh well. Razz

If you can figure out and catch up on all the admin stuff then you're perfectly a okay in my book. I can't get the hang of this admin panel... But I'm sure you will in five minutes if you haven't already.

I'm starting to make this as long as your intro itself so I'll stop. Just make sure we find each other in chat sometime! We should geek out over something. We'll figure it out then. ^^

~Carl Sagan(Look him up)

dubyahhh
N00b

Location : Upstate New York (There's more to the state than NYC)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ryugecin on Fri May 23, 2014 8:54 pm

ryan's intro 676 words
dub's response 626 words

Almost, but not quite.

2014-03-02 16:44:40

ryugecin
Amber
Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shycheers on Sat May 24, 2014 11:34 am

Ryan ur still epic in every way always missed when ur not around an always happy when u r doin good I'm glad things r goin good an happy 2 c ur delightful intro good luck on gettin all ur ventures off 2 a great start
Shycheers
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by say892 on Sat May 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Sadaar taught me some basics on databases, file storage, memory, server stuff, etc. And not a lot of it has actually transferred over into any of my classes or the game yet. What he gave me though was just the opportunity to explore and learn more myself. One thing that I did here, on the old site, and on another site that he made was design the color scheme, and just do a lot of user-side stuff, stuff that you all see everyday. And that sort of... "thinking-of-the-user" mindset is actually helping me a lot in the game, as I am programming things like the UI, HUD, sprite animations, etc. which is what I'm liking to do. Smile

say892
N00b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ryugecin on Mon May 26, 2014 9:37 pm

User interface design?

I want to know, but ... topic derailment

2014-03-02 16:44:40

ryugecin
Amber
Amber