Tap Tap Return

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tap Tap Return

Post by jamie00 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Okay,
Don't all bite my head off at this wishful post. Because I know everyone's thought it at some point.

What is stopping us from making Tap Tap Revenge ourselves and getting it out there? And I don't mean as a download on cydia but as an actual app. I know theres copyright issues but theres always ways around that and its not exactly ripping off tapulous as they removed their app. furthermore I know we have good enough charters and coders to recreate the app.

What is really stopping us?

Designer

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/jbaileymusic

Back to top Go down

Re: Tap Tap Return

Post by say892 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:18 am

I think just lack of commitment at the moment is stopping everyone actually. To get an actual legit app is gonna take some time, as we would have to start from the ground up. Also, I legally don't know if we could even use the same engine and charting code format.

Getting real big time bands would be hard if not impossible also, but if we did use indie music (like you...) or I have other friends who make beats too, then that would be a win-win for both sides.

But, as said, I think the real issue is the time commitment. It'll take awhile. Well, ok, so Tap Tap Revolution (TTR1) was actually made in three days. If that's what you want then sure, you could make an engine pretty simple that just reads and displays notes. I have a TTR1track file (whatever the file extension is called) and it's totally different, and I assume easier. 

Ahh, and there's the cost of servers and such. I don't expect us to have a working online mode, but at the bare minimum there needs to be leaderboards. And we gotta host those somewhere. Also to actually make a legit app, you need to pay Apple fees and such for stuff.

If you ask around to other places I know people throughout the community had a similar idea, but nothing ever came of it. I agree there are people who want something like this to happen, but no one really commits.

say892
N00b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal1ty_93_RUS on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:07 pm

What's stopping? 

Easy - money. When you get 20 million dollars to buy Tapulous or the license and the source code of Tap Tap Revenge - call us. Until then we have to sit tight and deal with what we have today (TTRel, TTH, TTNBR)

Hopefully it will get updated someday

The link is as follows: http://www.ttwp.org/index.php?topic=106.0
Fatal1ty_93_RUS
Bronze
Bronze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamie00 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Who said we have to use the exact TTR that there was before? Who says we cant create a new app, which does all the same things, but not using their coding or interfering with copyright? Change the app name, write the app again (taken influence from TTR coding) and then if its all original what will we be sued for?

Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by say892 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Fatal1ty_93_RUS wrote:What's stopping? 

Easy - money. When you get 20 million dollars to buy Tapulous or the license and the source code of Tap Tap Revenge - call us. Until then we have to sit tight and deal with what we have today (TTRel, TTH, TTNBR)

Tapulous is technically gone. Also, 20 Million dollars isn't needed for this project. All Jamie is asking is for a new Tap Tap Revenge, where you simply tap ummm "taps" as they come across the screen. And here's the cool thing about being a programmer, you can make your own code without using someone else's code. Just because TTWP didn't like your idea of TTWP Inc. doesn't mean that you can shut down everyone else's ideas.

Legally, yes, we can't call it "Tap Tap Revenge" as that is trademarked. Ok. I honestly don't know what trademarked is or if it wears off ever or what. Someone else find that out Smile("Tapulous" and "Riddim Ribbon" are also trademarked).

Jamie: You do have my support here. I have no iOS programming experience what-so-ever, but I looked at the TTR1 track code (just called a .tap) and it's painfully simple. I honestly could make a pretty simple engine in a day or two, IF I knew the syntax behind the code. That's simple enough I suppose. But it does come down to getting it out there and having people like it. With the high standards that TTR left with online, battles, chat, etc. most people would be pretty disappointed with a single player experience with leaderboards.

You do have my support, and I would be willing to help, but if it's just you and me, I don't think much will get done. Wink

say892
N00b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Iwonwae on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:19 pm

if we are doing this can i make some of the themes im not that good at it tho but it can b fun

i jus need alot help with the codes tho

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Iwonwae on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:28 am

Oh ya btw:
U have my support also i Always wanted to do
Something like this the only thing I'm good for is theme 
(help with coding part tho)
and good ideas that's it

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamie00 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:20 pm

@Say892 you say that people wont be happy that its one player with leaderboards? That's where TTR1 started. Tapulous had to start at the bottom and work their way up, and their legacy would give us an instant boost. Once we get downloads, maybe use ads, we can afford to create online etc.

I know we have the coders who would be able to complete this if they put their minds to it, because as you said it took Tapulous 3 days.

I also know that we would be able to begin with unsigned artists etc or those looking for some public attention so music shouldn't be an issue at first. Then when things blossomed (hopefully) we could expand. I know this is do-able. I just need the people who can help to step forward and save the day.

Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by XxHydroxX on Wed May 14, 2014 3:37 pm

It's a good thought, but you also have to keep in mind that tapulous also died because of hackers running the leaderboards. Not only would we have to have proper coding, but it also has to be made sure that it would be hack-proof. It sounds easy, but there are exploits to almost any code to a trained score hacker.
When Player1.mode == Yes
(player.score) == 1,000,000,000

and other •••• like that.

XxHydroxX
Ruby
Ruby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ryugecin on Thu May 22, 2014 6:05 pm

Theoretically speaking:

The charting format has been reverse-engineered. IANAL, but I believe it'd be safe to use the song format. You can't really patent/protect that...??????.

The songs are the biggest problem themselves (not that that's been a problem in the past).

Other than that, yeah, making a game engine in Objective C , with iOS limitations... ugh.

2014-03-02 16:44:40

ryugecin
Amber
Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top